Please administrate your account at passord.oslomet.no. Use the links below:
- Activate IT account
- Change password
- Forgotten password?
- Order admission card
- Change PIN for admission card
- Change visibility settings
Username and password
You will be given a user name and a password as soon as you are employed.
- The user name and password are used to log on to all OsloMet's PC's, wireless networks and other services.
- You must change your password within 20 days at passord.oslomet.no.
- Your password must be changed every 3 months. You will be sent an SMS and en email to remind you of this.
You can easily get a new password at passord.oslomet.no.
You get one e-mail account at OsloMet. Your immediate manager is responsible for signing you up for different mailing lists so that you receive information at the level of the organisation you belong to.
The immediate manager must contact IT support by email to notify of this.
You will be given one email address when employed. "email@example.com" will be the default email address for every employee.
Outlook is the standard client for email on all OsloMet's computers as part of the Microsoft Office package that all employees have on their PCs.
Mozilla Thunderbird is preinstalled on every computer and may also be used.
Webmail - email on Internett
Wireless network - Eduroam
Wi-Fi / eduroam login: Username@oslomet.no. Password: OsloMet password
- Setup of Eduroam / wireless network on Windows PC.
- Setup of Eduroam / wireless network for smartphones/tablets.
- More about setup of Eduroam / wireless network.
How you work when not present at OsloMet depends on your equipment and the solutions you wish to use. Remote desktop and VPN are the most common solutions for remote access. Read more about remote access here.
If you often work from home, you should use the service kontor.oslomet.no for access to Remote Desktop.
You can access all your files and folders, i.e. file server and full desktop environment as well as other software via remote desktop.
Login to remote desktop (Win-PC) (kontor.oslomet.no).
- Login ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: OsloMet password
When outside OsloMet networks (eduroam) you can still access files, servers and software through a VPN connection.
Use the preinstalled VPN client «eduVPN» for VPN setup on laptops. eduVPN can also be installed on your private computer.
Employees with a phone subscription paid by OsloMet must make themselves familiar with the guidelines for using mobile phones paid by OsloMet.
Email on your mobile phone
Your mobile phone can be setup with Microsoft Exchange at OsloMet so that you can access your email and calendar at work.
To set up email and calendar on your mobile phone, you must, for safety reasons, have a six - 6 - digit lock code to access your phone. Read the guidelines for mobile units before setting up Exchange.
- How to setup Outlook client for email and calendar - see video here.
- Email and calendar on Android or iOS (iPad or iPhone).
When connected to the OsloMet network, both by cable, eduroam (wireless network) or by VPN connection you get access to the following servers:
- Shared directory (K:)
Backup is guaranteed for this server.
OsloMet also offers cloud storage via OneDrive (Office 365).
OsloMet can not guarantee backup of files, when stored on local drivers, memory sticks, mobile units, cloud storage etc.
All computers at OsloMet use Pullprint as the default choice for printing. Pullprint is a centralised queue system for printing at OsloMet. The queue system is called Pullprint and contains several printers. The printout may be retrieved in one of the printers regardless of its location on campus.
- Print a document (Black and white is default.)
- On the printer: slide your access card through the mounted card reader.
- Select "Pullprint" on the screen of the printer: It is also possible to log in manually with a username and password.
Note. Documents are stored for printing on the Pullprint server for 24 hours.
- How to print on Pullprint at OsloMet - see video here.
- Setup Pullprint on a private PC.
- Setup Pullprint on a private Mac.
- More about printing services at OsloMet.
An OsloMet laptop
Employees given an OsloMet laptop must have read the OsloMet routines for safe use of software and file storage.
All employees are given an OsloMet laptop with Windows10 operating system.
Software on a OsloMet PC
All PC's are setup with preinstalled applications / software.
Additional software must be installed through Software Center. Please contact IT Service Desk for assistance.
- Chrome browser
- F4 Transkript
- Firefox browser
If you cannot find the application or need help installing an application, please contact IT Service Desk by email.
Software on a private PC
OsloMet offers all employees Microsoft software for use on private devices through Office 365.
- Download Office 365 - download a free Office package.
- Download SPSS and/or Endnote for private use (distro.tjenester.hioa.no)
- How to install software on a OsloMet computer - see video here.
- Anti virus for private PCs (microsoft.com)
- How to use a PC in a secure way (nettvett.no, only in Norwegian)
How to order hardware and software
Get familiar with the ordering procedures for hardware and software at OsloMet.
Standard IT equipment must be ordered through the ordering system (bestill.oslomet.no)
If you can not find the desired software or hardware, contact your immediate manager, and then order here: Min bestilling.
Special or additional hardware
If IT Service Desk does not offer the hardware or software you are in need of, you can order it through bestill.oslomet.no after consulting your immediate manager. He/she must approve the hardware/software before ordering.
Free Feide software and services
You can access a variety of software and services through Feide login using your OsloMet username and password.
- Free Feide services for employees and students
- Login to Feide Innsyn to see what access you have - see under Services.
- How to login to Feide services - see video here.
Feide is a service offered at all educational institutions in Norway. Read more about Feide (feide.no).
IT Service Desk also offers personal guidance by phone, or in person at our office at campus Pilestredet (SG29, ground floor) or at campus Kjeller 1st floor (F200/201).
You can also contact IT Service Desk by email if you are in need of personal guidance or help: email@example.com.
Please visit our IT support web pages for step-by-step tutorials, and other common IT issues.
System service messages and IT News
Important messages for all employees will be published here at System service messages.
You may also request membership in the IT newsgroup in NAP (Intranet) for further IT information.
Important news will also be sent by email.