What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers - like for instance Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer - are set to allow cookies by default, but you can choose to change these settings if you want to. However, this might cause some web pages to function abnormally.
- Which page you are looking at, which page you have come from and to which page you are going.
- If you have visited our website before.
- Time and date.
- What kind of browser and operating system you are using.
Your IP address is completely anonymous, and cannot be linked to you personally. The address is only used for troubleshooting in case of system failures, and all traffic data is deleted after six days.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Google Analytics cookies are being used to analyze visits to our web pages.
- __utmz: Gives us information on how the user landed on our website, for instance via a search engine (Google, Bing etc.). We use Google Analytics both internally on the website, and in banners and pictures. Because of this, the user might find two cookies going by the name of __utmz.
- __utma: Utma is a cookie that gives us information on how many times the user has visited our web pages. We use __utma for the purpose of finding out which users are visiting us for the very first time, and which users have been here several times.
- __utmb and __utmc: Show us how long the user stays at Hioa.no. The cookies __utmb and __utmc are deleted once you leave our website.
- __utmt: We use this cookie to limit our gathering of data to keep hioa.no's performance from being affected. The cookie is deleted after ten minutes.
- __utmv: We use this cookie to map user behaviour on hioa.no, and the site's performance.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by visiting this page on Google.
Liferay publishing solutions
Liferay has several cookies that are used in connection with server functionality. At student.oslomet.no Lifary givse you user identification when you log in and improves your user experience.
We use the following cookies at Liferay:
- COOKIE_SUPPORT: Defines your web browser's support for cookies.
- GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID: Remembers which anguage you have choseen at student.oslomet.no.
- JSESSIONID, LFR_SESSION_STATE_ ,USER_UUID og COMPANY_ID, ID: Remembers the session of your web browers and your session as a logged in user.
- LocalStorage("warning"): Remembers alerts when viewing the schedule.
- SessionStorage("selectedDate"): Remembers which date you chose in the schedule.
Siteimprove is a web tool we use to improve the quality of our site (e.g. dead links, language and universal design). In addition to this, the tool has got a module for analytics that is using the following cookie:
- nmstat: This cookie consists of randomly generated IDs that are being used to recognise your browser when you're visiting a hioa.no-page. It collects statistics about your use of hioa.no, like when you last visited our site. The cookie contains no personal information, and is only being used for web analytics.
Third Party Requests
Third party requests are requests made by a user to an external service provider, such as ads and widgets from social media. Even though these requests do not set any cookies in your browser, they might still transfer information to the third party provider. Google Analytics works through third party requests.