Safety Delegates and the Safety Delegate Scheme
Chief safety delegate (CSD)
HiOA's chief safety delegate has a full-time position. The CSD’s office is located on campus Pilestredet.
The chief safety delegate’s main task is to coordinate the safety service’s activities and to represent the employees in the working environment committee. HiOA’s guidelines for the safety service describe these tasks based on the Working Environment Act and on the Regulations on organisation, management and employee participation - see links at the bottom of page.
The chief safety delegate’s deputy steps in when the CSD is absent. The CSD’s deputy has their daily work at Campus Kjeller.
Faculty / central administration safety delegate (FSD)
At each faculty, at the Centre for Welfare and Labour Research, and in the central administration there should be a FSD who coordinates and monitors the safety delegates locally and who represents the safety delegates in LWEC. Read more in the guidelines for the safety service.
The college currently has the following FSD:
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Michal Rachel Suissa
- Faculty of Education and International Studies: Jon Ingar Holtet
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Marie Viken
- Faculty of Technology, Art and Desing: Halvard Fredly
- Centre for welfare and Labour Research:
- The central administrative departments: Kari Hoel
- Guidelines for the Safety Service
- Criteria for the safety area subdivision
- Estimate of time resource for the safety service and members of WEC/LWEC
- Role distribution between the safety delegate and the trade union's representative (pdf file)
- Chief safety delegate and safety delegate, roles and tasks (HSE guidelines)