Bibliometric analysis and researcher profiles on various web sites are useful tools for making you and your research visible. This course helps you get started and gives you some tricks on the way.
This course is primarily for PhD candidates who would like an introduction to how bibliometric tools can be used to increase the visibility of their research. The course is also open to other researchers if there are available places.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Manage their profile on academic social networks
- Use tools for citation analysis in Scopus, Web of Science and Google Scholar
- Locate prominent researchers and milieus in your field of research
- Identify and calculate relevant research indicators
- Apply basic principles for responsible use and interpretations of research metrics
Bibliometric analysis may be of great value in assessing and benchmarking one’s publications, as long as we are aware of the differences in disciplines and publishing traditions. Personal research profiles on relevant social platforms, as e.g. Orcid, are effective ways for profiling and communicating research.
Bring your laptop.
Inga Lena Grønlund
Log in with Feide here
When logged in you will find the course here
If you are not an employee at OsloMet or do not have a Feide account, please log in with ID-porten and choose OsloMet ekstern when asked to confirm your workplace.
If you have any questions regarding login do not hesitate to contact the email@example.com