Publish your courses in Canvas
- You must publish a course before students can access it and its contents. Students cannot see unpublished courses and content. How do I publish a course?
- You can create an announcement in Canvas to share with users within your course if content is not finished yet. How can I create an announcement?
- Students who have completed their semesterregistration are automatically loaded into the Canvas course shell.
- Need help? Contact DIGIN or your Canvas-help
Copy a Canvas course
- You want to copy a Canvas course? This is how you do it.
Approve your reading list
- Do you want that your students can access your reading list through Canvas and online? It is necessary that you approve your reading list. Find more information https://ansatt.oslomet.no/en/pensumlistesystem-leganto
- Current students will find their individual schedules on student.oslomet.no. The schedule will be accessible after the student has completed the registration for the new semester.
- If you want to check how the schedule looks like for one of your students, use her https://student.oslomet.no/timeplan/-/timeplan/s235861 and change the studentnumber in the browser window.
- More information (in Norwegian)
Help your students during the semester start period
- Students must remember a lot. Here are the most important things to keep in mind.
- It is important to complete the semesterregistration by using StudentWeb. New students will have to activate their user account in addition to that.
- The day after semesterregistration is completed students will get access to
- Their personal lecture schedule
- Their courses in Canvas (if published by you)
- Their reading list throughout the canvas course
- The semester fee will be accessible in Studentweb as well.
- Students get their digital student-ID after the semesterregistration is completed and the semester fee is paid.
- This is how students obtain and use a student card.