Priorities of Erasmus Mundus Joint Degree projects:
- Encourage increased quality, innovation, and internationalisation within higher education institutions (HEIs).
- Increase the quality and attractiveness of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- Improve the level of competence and the skills of master's degree candidates.
- Strengthen the relevance of joint degrees to the labour market through increased involvement of employers.
Who can participate?
- Minimum three partners, higher education institutions, from three different programme countries (EU, EFTA, Turkey and Macedonia).
- One of the three partners coordinates the application and potentially the project.
Duration of the project
- Depending on whether you choose to apply for a preparatory year, you will be able to receive Erasmus Mundus funding for a maximum of six years with four consecutive student intakes.
What can you apply for?
Project development support (PES)
- If you wish to develop a project application within the Erasmus Mundus scheme, Diku annually announces calls for project development support (PES).
- The call for proposals and the application vary from year to year, you will find more information on Diku’s website.
Funding for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Degree project
- The projects are supported through grants to the partners, and through scholarships to a set number of students.
- You can apply for support for a preparatory year, and for up to four student intakes.
- The support to the partners is to be spent on the administration of the consortium and on guest lecturers.
- You can apply for up to 15 student scholarships and 4 guest lecturers per intake.
- In addition, you can apply for up to 12 student scholarships per intake for targeted regions.
How do you apply?
- The coordinating institution applies within the deadline to the EU Commission for funding for the joint degree project.
- The call for proposals is announced once a year, and the application deadline is usually in mid-February, please see Diku's website for more information on application procedures.
- If you plan to coordinate a project application, we recommend that you participate in Diku’s application seminar.
- Register the application in P360.
- It is highly recommended to start the application process at least one year in advance.
- The Erasmus + Team in the university administration can provide support and counselling on the criteria and conditions for Erasmus Mundus Joint Degree projects.