Laws and regulations on tax
General information from the Norwegian Tax Administration here
Tax deduction card
- After you apply for tax deduction card, the electronic tax deduction card is uploaded directly into SAP (our payroll system) before each salary payout.
- New tax deduction cards and changes to existing tax cards will therefore be updated continuously.
For foreign citizens
Information about tax deduction card for foreign citizens:
- Information on salary and remuneration from OsloMet
- Application for tax deduction - RF - 1209
- Authorization - D-number
- Authorization - tax deductions
Additional tax deduction
- In order to registrer additional tax deductions, send the E-form Extra tax deduction by using the SAP portal or the DFØ app.
- Additional tax deductions is registered with an amount i NOK per month (not percentage rate).
- Additional tax deductions are registered per month for a period up to one year.
Tax deduction for new employees
- If your employment starts before the year-end, there will be no tax deductions in June the following year.
- In December the deduction will be 50 %
- This does not mean there is zero tax in June and 50 % tax in December; the deduction is distributed throughout the rest of the year.
More than one employer
- The primary (main) employer deducts tax according to the tax table in the tax deduction card. The secondary employer deducts according to percentage rate in the tax card.
- Check your deduction rate and notify your HR department if it is incorrect.