Laws and regulations on tax
General information from the Norwegian Tax Administration here
Do you need help to understand your payslip, taxation and banking services? Please read here
Tax deduction card
- After you apply for tax deduction card, the electronic tax deduction card is uploaded directly into SAP (our payroll system) before each salary payout.
- New tax deduction cards and changes to existing tax cards will therefore be updated continuously.
For foreign citizens
Information about tax deduction card for foreign citizens:
- Information on salary and remuneration from OsloMet
- Application for tax deduction - RF - 1209
- Authorization - D-number
- Authorization - tax deductions
Additional tax deduction
- In order to registrer additional tax deductions, send the E-form Extra tax deduction by using the SAP portal or the DFØ app.
- Additional tax deductions is registered with an amount i NOK per month (not percentage rate).
- Additional tax deductions are registered per month for a period up to one year.
Tax deduction for new employees
- If your employment starts before the year-end, there will be no tax deductions in June the following year.
- In December the deduction will be 50 %
- This does not mean there is zero tax in June and 50 % tax in December; the deduction is distributed throughout the rest of the year.
More than one employer
- The primary (main) employer deducts tax according to the tax table in the tax deduction card. The secondary employer deducts according to percentage rate in the tax card.
- Check your deduction rate and notify your HR department if it is incorrect.