Open Access Policy
OsloMets goal is that the results from the research at the institution are as accessible as possible to anyone who wants to use them.
OsloMet Policy for Scientific Publishing
- OsloMet supports the principle that the results of publicly funded research should be openly accessible to all.
- Researchers at OsloMet should publish in reputable journals, of high quality, in their research field.
- OsloMet recommends publishing in open access journals in the choice between equivalent publishing channels in the research field.
- For open publishing, authors should use standard open licenses, such as Creative Commons licenses. OsloMet recommends the Creative Commons license CC BY 4.0, which allows the freest possible reuse of scientific publications, at the same time as the author is credited.
- All peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and peer-reviewed conference articles must be made available in OsloMet's open archive ODA (oda.oslomet.no)
- OsloMet is committed to assessing research on its own merits with regard to quality, relevance and significance, in accordance with the principles of The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment, DORA (sfdora.org), for hiring, promotion and award of doctoral degrees.