The training grant may be used for visits to one on OsloMet’s Erasmus + partner institutions in Europe or to an enterprise, organisation, school, government agency etc. The aim is that you shall learn something by spending some time there, e.g. through seminars, workshops, Erasmus Partner Week, job shadowing, language courses etc. Please note: You may NOT apply for financial support to attend conferences (only seminars and workshops).
What you learn must be useful in your everyday work and contribute to internationalisation at OsloMet.
Where can I go?
You have many possibilities when finding out where you want to go. OsloMet cooperates with partner institutions in most countries included in Erasmus +. This includes the 28 EU-countries, in addition to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey, North Macedonia and Serbia. Please contact the Erasmus+ team to find out where you can go. You may also visit enterprises, organisations, schools, government agencies etc. in the Erasmus + countries.
- Overview of Staff Training Events at OsloMet's Erasmus + partner institutions
- Imotion, an online platform for "staff training events" arranged in Europe.
- Language course: If you need to improve youre language skills in your everyday work at OsloMet, you can apply for Erasmus+ training grant to attend a language course in a country where the language is the official language. Please look out options at the following institutions:
- English language course in Canterbury/London. We recommend the language courses in English at the London School of English. As an employee at OsloMet, you will get 10 percent discount of the course fee.
- German language course at the Goethe Institut in Germany.
- French language course at the Alliance Francaise in France.
- Spanish language course at the Instituto Cervantes in Spain
Brexit: UK will continue to participate in the Erasmus+ programme until the end of the programme in June 2022 despite Brexit. You can therefore apply for Erasmus+ grants to travel to the UK according to the other Erasmus+ criteria and within the normal deadlines.
What are the conditions for applying for a grant?
Your visit must be clarified with your Head of Section.
- The visit must have a duration of minimum four days (where at least two days must include academic activities), maximum two months.
- The grant can be used for visits to a partner institution, enterprise, school, organisation or government agency.
- You may only visit one partner institution per grant (this also applies to enterprises, schools, organisations etc.).
- You cannot receive a mobility grant for activities funded by other EU-cooperation programmes/projects.
Additional requirement for language courses: Scholarship recipient must follow language courses organised in places where it is possible to practice the current language also outside the course schedule.
The next application deadline is 15 January for staff exchange in the Spring semester 2021. Reference is made to the paragraph "Application deadlines" on the website about Erasmus+ staff exchange.
Please use the online application form to apply.
To find out what information you need to fill out the form, please take a look at Application form Erasmus + Training Grant (PDF).
We have gathered some stories as examples of how to use the Erasmus+ Mobility Grant for professional development. Take a look and be inspired!