Scientific Open Access journals
About the platform and user support
The University Library's Digital Services provide advice and assistance when starting a journal. We help with setup and indexing and offer user support. The software used is Open Journal Systems (OJS).
Our offer on operation includes
- User support
- Advice concerning peer review, choice of name, language, publication model etc.
- Help with first-time setup of literature lists, citation style and layout of template for PDF articles.
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier, permanent URL for articles).
- Training / workshops for editors.
- Annual meeting for all editors / contact persons of the journal.
- Indexing and visibility. What databases should the journal be included in.
- Uploading of article metadata to DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Help with redirect existing URLs and other technical advice.
- Storage and publication of videos in journal articles.
- Information about funding schemes.
Funding journals within the humanities and social sciences
- Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills (HK-dir) invites you to participate in the arrangement for Norwegian open journals within the humanities and social sciences (page in Norwegian, openscience.no).
Nordic journals can apply for funding from The Nordic Board for Periodicals in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NOP-HS). The call opens every year in August / September (nos-hs.org).
Prerequisites for starting a journal
- Compliance with OsloMet's policy for establishing an OA journal.
- The dean or centre manager has final say on whether to launch the journal and is responsible for making the necessary assessments according to the faculty’s/ centre's circumstances.
- The journal is free to sell advertising space on this website as long as the advertisement has undergone an editorial review.
- The journal is free to charge author fees for publication (APC), but all articles must be free, open and immediately available to all readers.
- OsloMet is responsible for the technical operation of the platform, but it is the editor of the journal who is in charge of the content published on the platform. Open Access journals published at OsloMet (journals.oslomet.no).