IT user account and password
Your IT account gives you access to the computers, internal services and resources/tools offered on OsloMet's network.
Please read OsloMets security guidelines for username and password.
Administrate your IT account
Use the links below to administrate your account.
OsloMet has the following guidelines for password and IT accounts:
- Your OsloMet password must be changed every year. You´ll receive a notification about the change in advance by email and SMS. Change the password at tilgang.sikt.no
- Your password is strictly personal and must not be shared with anyone.
- Your password is unique. Do not use your OsloMet-password for other accounts.
- Your password must be at least 16 characters long. Use regular words, space and sentences easy to remember.
- If your password has been leaked, you should immediately change it and notify IT Service Desk.
Read about password requirements for the user account at tilgang.sikt.no and in the security guidelines for username and password.
Username is automatically assigned by your local HR Executive Officer/ HR manager upon registration in BAS.
Keep in mind that username must be written with lowercase letters when logging into computers, services and resources on OsloMet.
You must be registered with a valid Norwegian national identity number or D-number in BAS in order to be assigned a username and a password at OsloMet.
How to order guest accounts for visitors, such as guest speaker / lecturer.
- The guest account provides access to login on OsloMet PC's, the wireless network-eduroam and a home directory.
- The guest account is valid up to 1 month. Read more about guest account here.
- Only a OsloMet employee can order a guest account. The employee is responsible for the activities of the person or the persons who are given access to the network.