- What is a user account
- Access Feide
- What is My profile
- Request of confidentiality
The user account (bitadmin.hioa.no) gives you access to the computers, internal services and resources/tools offered on OsloMet's network.
- You will be assigned a username and an activation password upon the start of your employment.
- Activate your user account by using the activation password.
- Create your own personal password upon initial login.
On your IT user account you can:
Through your user account you will be able to see which file servers you have access to from outside. Your user account also lets you manage your visibility in searching, order a new admission card and change your password.
- Activate user accounts (for new employees).
- Change your password.
- Forgot your password? Receive a temporary password via SMS if you have forgotten your password. Note! You must already have registered a Norwegian mobile number in My profile.
- Order a new admission card.
- Change the PIN for your admission card.
- Request confidentiality of mobile number and / or picture in search on OsloMet's websites (hioa.no)
- Get information about file servers for your home- and/or common directory when you need access from outside.
How to order guest accounts for visitors, such as guest speaker / lecturer.
- The guest account provides access to login on OsloMet PC's, the wireless network-eduroam and a home directory.
- The guest account is valid up to 1 month. Read more about guest account here.
- Only a OsloMet employee can order a guest account. The employee is responsible for the activities of the person or the persons who are given access to the network.
Wireless guest network "OsloMet Guest"
The wireless guest network "OsloMet Guest" is only for visitors who do not have a user account on OsloMet. If you already have a OsloMet username or if you are a visitor / guest from another educational institution, please log in to the wireless network eduroam.
- The guest account is valid for 12 hours and can be used on up to three - 3 - devices.
Locked User Account
Your user account will be locked if you have failed six – 6 – times in a row when logging into a OsloMet PC.
To unlock your account you must either wait 30 minutes or contact BIT.
To access OsloMet's network and internal services, employees must be correctly registered in the User Administration System (Brukeradministrativt system / BAS)
Contact your local HR Executive Officer or HR Manager if there are errors or deficiencies in your user account.
Assigning usernames at OsloMet
Username is automatically assigned by your local HR Executive Officer/ HR manager upon registration in BAS.
Keep in mind that username must be written with lowercase letters when logging into computers, services and resources on OsloMet.
Requirement for valid ID number
You must be registered with a valid Norwegian national identity number or D-number in BAS in order to be assigned a username and a password at OsloMet.
Your OsloMet password must be changed every three – 3 – months.
- Your password is strictly personal and must _not_ be shared with anyone.
- If your password has been leaked, you should immediately change it and notify IT Support (BIT).
You can receive a temporary password via SMS if you forget it or if you have not changed it by the deadline.
1. Requirements for using the SMS service
In order to receive a SMS with a temporary password, your mobile number must be registered in My profile or in the User Administration system (BAS).
- Register a Norwegian mobile phone number.
- Request confidentiality of your mobile phone number in search on OsloMet's websites.
2. Receive a temporary password by SMS
3. Replace the temporary password with your personal password
Please follow the instructions on the website when ordering a temporary password.
- Turn off the internet connection on your mobile devices before changing your password.
- Log off and on your office computer after changing your password to get all the services to function with the new password.
- If you are changing your password via a portable computer or an office computer, please turn off the internet connection on your smartphone and/or tablet to avoid problems with the password synchronisation .
- Please remember to change the password on your mobile devices, e.g. password for wireless network (eduroam), for your email account and for the VPN connection.
Problems connecting eduroam after having changed your password?
Are you having problems connecting your PC or Mac to eduroam (wi-fi) after having changed your password? You must delete your old eduroam profile on the device to connect to eduroam at OsloMet.
In order to gain access to public services, i.e. FEIDE services such as paycheck, hour registration and travel settlement in the SAP portal, you must be registered with a valid Norwegian national identity number or D-number.
Check your Feide access here and add more services if needed: Login to Feide Innsyn.
You must contact your local HR Executive Officer or HR manager if you are not able to access OsloMet's network or FEIDE services. They will check if your user account is correctly registered in BAS. Contact HR.
My profile is the employee profile visible in search on the domains on hioa.no/oslomet.no, i.e. your employee profile appears both in search on www.hioa.no /www.oslomet.no and the intranet Nettarbeidsplassen (ansatt.oslomet.no).
You can edit or update My profile here with room and building location, change / add mobile number (and reserve the visibility of number), update your administrative field and/or discipline areas, publications / projects you have contributed in and more.
HR has the responsibility for ensuring that your personal information is correct in the personnel database. Contact your local HR contact if personal data is incorrect.
Photo on My profile and the admission card
Please note that when you receive you admission card, your photo is visible on My profile which appears in the search on the domains of hioa.no and in Outlook e-mail client unless you resquest confidentiality in your user account (BITadmin).
Change your profile photo
If you want a new photo or change the existing on My profile and the admission card, you must contact the Card Center in P46 or at the service centre at Kjeller.
A new profile photo will be visible the day after normally. If not, contact the Card Center / service centre at Kjeller.
If you need a press photo, please contact email@example.com. Press photos are posted on OsloMet's profile on Flickr. You can easily link to the press photo or set of images on Flickr from My profile.
Request confidentiality of your mobile phone number and/or photo in search
Photo and/or mobile number will not appear in online searches on the Web (www.hioa.no/ansatt.oslomet.no) or in Outlook.
You have three options when requesting confidentiality of information that would otherwise be displayed:
- Display of all your personal data
- Display of your mobile number
- Display of your photo
Note the following:
If you request confidentiality of all your personal data, your user profile on OsloMet will not appear in the online search on the web pages under the domain hioa.no/oslomet.no.
You may also have trouble with issuing a new admission card at the card centre as your profile will not be displayed in any online searches.
The IT Department recommends staff to not request confidentiality of all personal data.
Search for your profile here - for students and staff (bitadmin.hioa.no).
Confidentiality of photo in Fronter
If you have requested confidentiality of your photo in search and this is not taken into account in Fronter, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org