- IT account
- Guest account and wireless guest network
Your IT account gives you access to the computers, internal services and resources/tools offered on OsloMet's network.
Please read OsloMets security guidelines for username and password.
Use the links below to administrate your account.
- Activate user account
- Change your password
- Forgot your password?
- Order a new admission card
- Change the PIN for your admission card
- Request confidentiality of mobile number and / or picture in searches
Your user account will be locked if you have failed six – 6 – times in a row when logging into a OsloMet PC.
To unlock your account you must either wait 30 minutes or contact BIT.
To access OsloMet's network and internal services, employees must be correctly registered in the User Administration System (Brukeradministrativt system / BAS)
Contact your local HR Executive Officer or HR Manager if there are errors or deficiencies in your user account.
Username is automatically assigned by your local HR Executive Officer/ HR manager upon registration in BAS.
Keep in mind that username must be written with lowercase letters when logging into computers, services and resources on OsloMet.
You must be registered with a valid Norwegian national identity number or D-number in BAS in order to be assigned a username and a password at OsloMet.
OsloMet has the following guidelines for password and IT accounts:
- Your OsloMet password must be changed every year. You´ll receive a notification about the change in advance by email and SMS. Change the password at passord.oslomet.no
- Your password is strictly personal and must not be shared with anyone.
- Your password is unique. Do not use your OsloMet-password for other accounts.
- Your password must be at least 16 characters long. Use regular words, space and sentences easy to remember.
- If your password has been leaked, you should immediately change it and notify IT Service Desk.
How to order guest accounts for visitors, such as guest speaker / lecturer.
- The guest account provides access to login on OsloMet PC's, the wireless network-eduroam and a home directory.
- The guest account is valid up to 1 month. Read more about guest account here.
- Only a OsloMet employee can order a guest account. The employee is responsible for the activities of the person or the persons who are given access to the network.