IT user account and password
Administrate your IT account
Use the links below to administrate your account.
- Activate user account
- Change your password
- Forgot your password?
- Order a new admission card
- Change the PIN for your admission card
- Request confidentiality of mobile number and / or picture in searches
Please read OsloMets security guidelines for username and password.
OsloMet has the following guidelines for password and IT accounts:
- Your OsloMet password must be changed every year. You´ll receive a notification about the change in advance by email and SMS. Change the password at tilgang.sikt.no
- Your password is strictly personal and must not be shared with anyone.
- Your password is unique. Do not use your OsloMet-password for other accounts.
- Your password must be at least 16 characters long. Use regular words, space and sentences easy to remember.
- If your password has been leaked, you should immediately change it and notify IT Service Desk.
Username is automatically assigned by your local HR Executive Officer/ HR manager upon registration in BAS.
Keep in mind that username must be written with lowercase letters when logging into computers, services and resources on OsloMet.
You must be registered with a valid Norwegian national identity number or D-number in BAS in order to be assigned a username and a password at OsloMet.
How to order guest accounts for visitors, such as guest speaker / lecturer.
- The guest account provides access to login on OsloMet PC's, the wireless network-eduroam and a home directory.
- The guest account is valid up to 1 month. Read more about guest account here.
- Only a OsloMet employee can order a guest account. The employee is responsible for the activities of the person or the persons who are given access to the network.