Interested in a temporary stay or a short study trip in Brussels?
OsloMet is a member of the Oslo Region European Office, and staff can apply for temporary stays with them in Brussels. Visiting staff will be given their own office space for a period of between two weeks and three months.
The European Office can also receive groups (research groups or other groups of staff) from OsloMet who wish to take part in a short study trip to Brussels.
Funding of the stay
Your unit/superior must approve the application regarding a temporary stay or a study trip.
Staff going on a temporary stay or a longer study trip can alternatively apply for funding through the programme Erasmus+.
If the stay in Brussels is related to positioning and specific applications to the EU’s programmes, the Research and Development department may grant applications to fund the stay in the form of internationalisation grants. In both instances, individual applications for financial support must be submitted.
How to apply
Application deadlines for stays in Brussels are twice a year. Contact Karoline Aursland for more information.
Apply for a temporary stay
- Read detailed information about how to apply for a temporary stay (pdf).
- Write your application in a normal text document and include the following information:
- The timeframe and how long you want to stay. Please also give alternative timeframes if possible.
- An explanation of why a temporary stay with us is interesting and relevant for you, and some ideas about how you would like to spend your time in Brussels.
- Whether you have discussed the matter with your employer and have been granted permission to apply, or whether this must be done afterwards.
- Send the application to OsloMet's representative in ORE’s contact group, Karoline Aursland for R&D: Karoline.Aursland@oslomet.no
Apply for a study trip
- Read more detailed information about how to apply for study trips (pdf).
- The following form can be used to apply for a study trip (docx).
- Send your application directly to Sjur Rynningen Bie-Lorentzen at ORE: email@example.com
Read about our staff's experiences from their temporary stays: