In the event of a fire alarm, the zone coordinator must:
- Put on a yellow vest, bring the zone card and take command over all people in the zone.
Ask everyone to evacuate the building through appropriate emergency exits (Check storage rooms, toilets, meeting rooms etc.)
- If anyone needs help: Make sure that several people go together, leaving you free to focus on your primary tasks.
- In the event of smoke or other obstacles: Indicate alternative evacuation routes.
- Report to the security guard stationed at the main entrance about whether your zone has been evacuated or if someone has been left behind. The zone card should then be placed in the ‘mail box’.
- Ask people to move away from the building and gather at the agreed assembly point.
- An evaluation form must be filled in after each fire drill and evacuation. The completed form must be sent within 24 hours.
Notification and rescue efforts are the main priorities. Your own safety comes first.