Student entrepreneurship STUD-ENT
Innovation Norway's call for STUD-ENT is aimed at students who want to establish their own business based on knowledge acquired through their studies. The purpose of the scheme is to develop a scalable and sustainable business model around a business idea, and that the company aims to develop new solutions that the market demands.
Who can apply:
- The target group for the scheme is newly graduated students at Norwegian universities and colleges who have ambitions to start their own company based on the knowledge they have acquired through their studies.
- The company must have a team of students. The team must have a project manager who meets the requirements below. In total, the students must own a minimum of 80% of the company.
- The project manager must either be in education or have completed education up to 12 months before the application deadline. By education is meant either a master's programme, a six-year professional course or a doctoral degree.
- Project manager under education at the following level must:
- for master's level: submit the master's thesis before the start of the project
- for professional level: have completed at least four years before the start of the project
- for PhD level: provide confirmation from the degree-granting institution that the STUD-ENT project can be carried out in parallel with the study, as well as a written confirmation of ownership of intellectual property rights in the project from the institution (for example, a disclaimer or a licence)
Planning to apply?
- Read the announcement and the assessment criteria carefully!
- Interdisciplinarity can be the key to success. Is there a need for other expertise than your own in the project? Could this be covered by students at other programs?
- Find good mentors / supervisors and make sure you have an agreement in place about the conditions for supervision before the application deadline.
- Have an agreement in place on the use of rooms, workshops, laboratories or technical equipment with the relevant department / faculty before the application deadline.
- Use the support offer offered at OsloMet.
Deadline for submission to Innovation Norway: February 28, 2023