The Norwegian National Committees for Research Ethics has developed six guidelines that relates to how ethics can be exercised through good research practice. Good research practice (etikkom.no).
- The Deans/Head of Centre and the Head of Department will continuously follow up that regulations are observed.
- Each project manager are responsible for ensuring that research is conducted in compliance with good research practice and recognised academic and ethical principles in their respective disciplines and within the established framework.
Supervisors have a particular responsibility for informing PhD candidates and students of the regulations for research ethics that apply in their respective disciplines.
Project team members, students, and PhD candidates are personally responsible for familiarising themselves with issues concerning research ethics.
At OsloMet there are developed
- Ethical Guidelines for Research at OsloMet issued by the Rector on 9. October 2014
- Ethical Guidelines for Supervision at OsloMet issued by the Rector on 21. October 2014
- Ethical Guidelines for International Cooperation Agreements at OsloMet adopted by the Board by authority on 1. December 2014.
Laws and guidelines
- The Act on Ethics and Integrity in Research (in Norwegian only)
- Regulations on research ethics committees (Research Ethics regulations) (in Norwegian only)
- Research Ethics Commitee - Here you can find an overview of both general and vocational education and theme-specific research ethics guidelines.
- General Ethical Guidelines for Reseach
- The Research Ethics Checklist. This list applies to all academic fields, and sums up what The National Committee for Research Ethics in Science and Technology (NENT) considers to be the most important aspects to clarify in relation to a research project.
- Montreal Statement on Research Integrity in Cross-Boundary Research Collaboration. They provides guidelines for good scientific practice in research that takes place across institutions, national borders, disciplines and sectors. In addition, it is a very useful checklist (20 items) for all types of collaboration projects.
- The Bonn Printeger Statment. Science and Engineering Ethics. The statement, which was concluded February 7th 2018, provides guidance on the 13 key issues.
Research Ethical Commitee
Research Ethical Commitee at OsloMet has an independent advisory role in individual cases relating to scientific misconduct. There are cases which are either submitted by management at the College / individuals or arise from conflicts or complaints relating to suspicion of breaches of scientific integrity and good scientific practice at OsloMet.
- Rules for processing of individual cases of scientific misconduct at OsloMet
- Notification form for reporting suspicion of scientific misconduct
Resources in research ethics
- IPR policy for employees,
- IPR policy for students (in Norwegian only),
- data protection in research,
- consent and