Based on OsloMets postdoctoral fellow instruction, we strive to provide you as a postdoc with career development support during your appointment, to help boost your career opportunities.
OsloMet therefor now provides a postdoc program to assist you with some of your needs in this process, as an addition to the support you get from your research group, department/institute, faculty/centre.
The program will be under continuous development and start up is 2022 with the following offers:
Career development seminar, 2-day seminar including overnight stay May 10.-11.2022 at Holmen Fjordhotell (holmenfjordhotell.no). Registration in this net form (nettskjema.no) by April 16th 2022. Requirement for participation is a minimum of 1 year left of your postdoc period. For more information, please see link here.
Some other courses
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (UHPED)
- Research management (program with registration to be launched spring 2022)
- Popular science communication and elevator pitch (program with registration to be launched spring 2022)
- Application writing (forskningsradet.no): free courses from the Research Council of Norway.
- Internal courses/seminars on grant writing (to be announced on demand)
- Norwegian course for employees, beginners’ level A1, week 2-17 ’22, register by January 5th ‘22
Discuss your options with your supervisor, and don’t be shy! OsloMet has a responsibility to contribute towards your development.
The OsloMet Academy have several other relevant courses on offer, examples (require log in):