How familiar are you with OsloMet? Are there specific topics you would like to know more about?
Outbound student exchange
- Bachelor's and master's level (our PhD students also travel abroad, but this is still a less structured process – we are working to improve this with our R&D department - how is this organised at your institution?)
- Many students travel abroad for practical training – often shorter stays.
- Largest group go to Europe, USA, Australia, SA – unfortunately not the same countries as our international students come from.
- Numbers too low: Measures taken - Increased focus on the design of study programmes and how mobility windows are integrated into the programme.
- Also: increased focus on internationalisation at home.
- Certificate of International Learning - CIL.
Inbound student exchange
- Mostly from Europe (Erasmus+)
- Guaranteed housing: OsloMet guarantees subsidized student housing for exchange students coming during regular semester dates (Start August, January) through the Student Welfare Organisation (SiO).
- Buddy programme & Welcome activities (Introduction to Norway, fast-track immigration, visa support, local buddies, parties, etc)
- Opportunities to engage in student associations and activities (Buddy Board, ESN), and funds for them to organize events (International activities’ fund)
- Support from the Student Centre and from the faculty coordinators
International master's degree programmes
Five master's degree programmes offered completely in English:
- Applied Computer and Information Technology (MSc)
- International Social Welfare and Health Policy
- International Education and Development
- Product Design
Structural Engineering and Building Technology
- Combination of local and international students
- 2 year duration
- Guaranteed housing and support throughout their studies from the Student Centre and their faculties
How we work with mobility
- Different kind of agreements: Institutional level (non-European) and faculty level (Erasmus + others)
- Section for Internationalisation/International Office more involved in the institutional agreements
- International coordinators at department level: administrative/academic
Comparison to your institution
- What is similar/different from your institution?