Pitch om utvekslingsarbeidet - Ansatt

Pitch about the exchange work

Pitch about the exchange work

Here you can find topics about the exchange work at OsloMet to talk about with international guests.


  • How familiar are you with OsloMet? Are there specific topics you would like to know more about?

Outbound student exchange

  • Bachelor's and master's level (our PhD students also travel abroad, but this is still a less structured process – we are working to improve this with our R&D department - how is this organised at your institution?)
  • Many students travel abroad for practical training – often shorter stays.
  • Largest group go to Europe, USA, Australia, SA – unfortunately not the same countries as our international students come from.
  • Numbers too low: Measures taken - Increased focus on the design of study programmes and how mobility windows are integrated into the programme.
  • Also: increased focus on internationalisation at home.
  •  Certificate of International Learning - CIL.

Inbound student exchange

  • Mostly from Europe (Erasmus+)
  • Guaranteed housing: OsloMet guarantees subsidized student housing for exchange students coming during regular semester dates (Start August, January) through the Student Welfare Organisation (SiO).
  • Buddy programme & Welcome activities (Introduction to Norway, fast-track immigration, visa support, local buddies, parties, etc)
  • Opportunities to engage in student associations and activities (Buddy Board, ESN), and funds for them to organize events (International activities’ fund)
  • Support from the Student Centre and from the faculty coordinators

International master's degree programmes

Five master's degree programmes offered completely in English:

  • Applied Computer and Information Technology (MSc)
  • International Social Welfare and Health Policy
  • International Education and Development
  • Product Design
  • Structural Engineering and Building Technology 

  • Combination of local and international students
  • 2 year duration
  • Guaranteed housing and support throughout their studies from the Student Centre and their faculties

How we work with mobility

  •  Different kind of agreements: Institutional level (non-European) and faculty level (Erasmus + others)
  • Section for Internationalisation/International Office more involved in the institutional agreements
  • International coordinators at department level: administrative/academic

Comparison to your institution

  • What is similar/different from your institution?