- The purpose of the service: To make the students Career ready
- What can OsloMet obtain from the service?
- Menu for teachers
- Menu for students
- Samples of successful events
- Contact OsloMet Career
- Useful links
Our students are going to meet a labour market in constant change. OsloMet Career wishes to facilitate the acquisition of skills that, along with the academic competency the students already possess, will make them well equipped for the future working life. This is a process that runs through the entire course of study. To assist our students in this process, OsloMet Career has developed the programme Career Ready which consists of courses, activities and guidance adapted to the different stages in the student's course of study. Read more about Career ready, and the phases Insight, Opportunities and Work
With Career ready, we can help ensure that OsloMet gets:
- Motivated and sensible students who make good choices when it comes to studies and jobs.
- Less dropout
- Candidates with an holistic approach to their competency
- Students and candidates who are aware of their opportunities during and after their studies.
- Graduates who can orient themselves in a constantly changing labour market
- Good ambassadors for their education
- Dedicated alumni
- A better reputation
Get to know OsloMet Career so you know what we can offer your students.
- You can show the class this short video clip about the service
- OsloMet Career may come to present the service and our various offers (10-20 minutes).
- Presentation of the service in staff meetings (20-30 minutes).
- Collaboration on courses and career activities linked to the study programme’s learning outcome descriptions (1-4 hours).
See the overview of what OsloMet Career may offer our students:
- Guidance on education, opportunities, choices and careers
- Courses in raising awareness of competency and motivation, opportunities, development of collaborative skills and specific job searching skills.
- Events and activities
- The technology students were tested by future employers
- Career day for creative subjects
- A day at work for bachelor students in library and information science
- Physiotherapist students meet alumni
In OsloMet Career we collaborate across the university college to offer useful and educational courses, activities and guidance to OsloMet’s students. Here you will find an overview of the employees associated with OsloMet Career’s services and what each of them is responsible for.
Contact OsloMet Career if you think this service may be useful to your students!