- How do I notify NSD?
- Where are research projects archived?
- What do I do if there are any changes in the project?
- What do I do by the conclusion of project?
The notification form is filled in and sent to the data protection official. Notification of the project must be sent well before data collection starts, at least 30 days in advance. The notification form is electronic and is available on NSD`s web page.
Guidelines about how to use the form are also provided here. On the same page, you will also find:
- Information about when the data protection official must be notified of research projects and student projects
- Notification archive of research and student projects of which NSD has been notified
- Archiving of data
- Information and consent
The notification form shall be filled in by the person who is going to conduct the project in which personal data is to be processed, i.e. the project manager. A student can fill in the form, but the supervisor/person qualified to be responsible for the project must sign as project manager.
When you are asked about storage site, fill in the comments box with where you have stored the data at HiOA, for example TSD 2.0.
The following documentation must be enclosed with the notification form: copies of the questionnaire survey, interview guide, registration form, information letter, consent form, dispensation from the duty of confidentiality etc.
You should contact NSD before or as soon as the project has been assigned a project number, if:
- the project requires a license from the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, also see the Norwegian Data Protection Authority`s web page on the obligation to notify/license requirement. No longer license obligation for research and health records (in Norwegian only).
- the project is an assignment with short deadlines
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the switchboard at (+47) 55 58 81 80 for questions about prioritisation.
The brochure about the obligation to notify contains general information about the obligation and the NSD's contact information. It can be downloaded and printed (in Norwegian only).
The NSD's website has a notification archive (in Norwegian only) of research projects of which it has been notified. The archive contains detailed information about the individual projects and is access-controlled. Documents relating to the project do not therefore need to be filed in P360.
If you are going to make changes to the project in relation to the information on which the Data Protection Official's assessment is based, you must notify the NSD using a change request form.
You must notify NSD when the period stated in the notification form has ended.
The NSD also offers good solutions for researchers and institutions that wish to archive different types of research data, see NSD`s web page on archiving (in Norwegian only). It has to be anonymised or de-identified data.