- Start on time and continue on time.
- Identify the call that is most applicable for your idea.
- Make yourself familiar with the criteria for the call.
- Be fully aware of why you want the project – what happens when the project funding ends?
- Make sure that your manager and your colleagues support the project 100%.
- Establish a resource group to ensure that sufficient academic and administrative resources are allocated to the project.
- Ensure that adequate financial resources are provided.
- Carry out a needs analysis.
- Choose your partner (s) with care. It should be a partner you are already familiar with.
- Organise and plan sufficient meeting places.
- Include the partners in the process, and provide them with enough information about what is required of them.
- Develop well-defined goals for the project and for the results.
- Develop a good dissemination plan.
- Describe thoroughly the commitment of each partner in the project.
Golden rules for launching a project
Here are some good advice if you are applying for financial support for an international project. The specific call, and whether you participate as a partner or a coordinator in the project, determine when it is time to start.