When the fire alarm sounds
- Make the evacuation chair ready if there is one in the area.
- Initiate evacuation of the wheelchair user.
- In the event that a wheelchair user has to be evacuated without using an evacuation chair, the person must be carried out by holding him/her under each arm, alternatively in a fireman's lift.
- It is important to notify people nearby to get assistance in the evacuation of the wheelchair user.
- Leave the building through the emergency exit and evacuate to the assembly point.
- Notify the appointed staff at OsloMet and/or the fire services.
- If the wheelchair user cannot be evacuated, he/she must be evacuated to the nearest safe fire cell (room). Then notify the fire services by calling 110.
- Who you are
- What the situation is
- Where you are
After working hours
If a wheelchair user is alone on the premises after ordinary office hours (16.00), the security guard must be informed.