- State your name and telephone number
- Tell what has happened and state your location (street address, building, floor and if necessary, room number)
- Follow the instructions given by the emergency services and make sure someone meets them at the agreed meeting point.
- Once the emergency services have been notified, call HiOA’s security guards on 40 91 10 00 to inform them about the situation so that they can help the emergency services get to the right location.
- If there is an open service center in the building, they should be informed
- Stay calm
- Give first aid if needed
Run away if you are not in the absolute vicinity. Do not go to the meeting point. If you are close to the shooting and consider it dangerous to run away, hide, lock any doors, put your phone on silent and stay calm.
Notify the police on 112 – even if you cannot speak, so that emergency services can listen and track.
If you have no other choice, try to overpower the shooter when he/she comes to you – it is a question of life or death!
When the alarm sounds
- close all windows and doors in your area.
- leave the building through the nearest emergency.
If you discover a fire, you must:
- alert, set off the fire alarm or call 110
- rescue people who need help
- extinguish the fire if you are able to
- evacuate, go out
If you receive threats about use of force or violence against people, take note of the contents of the threat and contact the police on 02800. If you need emergency assistance, call 112. Then call 40911000 to notify the security guards and the emergency management of the incident.
Keep calm without provoking. If the situation escalates, withdraw from the situation. If you need assistance from a security guard, call 40 911 000. If you need help from the police, call 112. Inform email@example.com about the incident afterwards.
Hvis du er vitne til en hendelse med mistenkt gjerningsperson, merk deg utseende og hvor den/de drar. Overlat en eventuell pågripelse til politiet. HiOA anmelder alle tyverier og skadeverk på HiOAs materiell. Hvis du personlig er blitt utsatt for en straffbar handling, må du anmelde dette selv. Dette gjelder selv om det har skjedd på HiOAs område. Informér om forholdet til firstname.lastname@example.org
…of all kinds of incidents that are not acute emergencies. Inform about undesirable incidents and deviations and about emergency situations after they have been dealt with. E-mails are only processed during office hours. NB! Do not send sensitive information in an e-mail. Ask for a meeting instead.
Emergency assistance abroad
- call the local emergency number
- It is also important that you contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- The Norwegian Church Abroad’s emergency phone number is +47 95 11 91 81. The Church has agreed to assist HiOA students and staff in emergencies abroad.