VPN for Windows
Setup of VPN client Viscosity for Windows.
1. Install the VPN client Viscosity for Windows 10
1.1 Download and open the VPN client Viscosity
1.1.1 Download the .exe-file
- Download the setup file from URL: https://hioa.app.box.com/viscosityvpnclient
- Click: Run (Kjør)
If problems running the file, select "More info" and "Run the install".
1.1.2 Install Viscosity
1.1.3 Cont. Install Viscosity
1.1.4 Completing the setup
When installation is complete:
1.1.5 Viscosity is now installed
You can close the window shown below.
1.2 Start Viscosity
1.2.1 Search for Viscosity
- Search for Viscosity - and when the search result is visible:
- Click on: Viscosity - from the Windows menu (the Start menu)
1.2.2 Start Viscosity from the task bar
- Click on the icon for Viscosity (a circle with a key lock) in the taskbar.
If the icon is not visible, you need to start Viscosity from the Start menu as shown above.
1.3 Connect to HiOA-VPN
- Click on the icon for Viscosity (circle with a key lock).
- Select: Connect HiOA-VPN.
1.3.1 Username and password
- Username: OsloMet username
- Password: OsloMet password
- Tick: Remember my credentials - if you want the computer to remember your password at login.
1.3.2 Connected to HiOA-VPN
The computer is now connected to HiOA VPN. A message "HiOA-VPN is connected" is visible above the taskbar.
1.4 Connect to file server
NOTE: Only for employees.
To access your files, connect to your home and public directory (only for employees).
1.5 Disconnect HiOA-VPN
- Click on the arrow in the taskbar to show the menu.
- Click: Disconnect HiOA-VPN (the Viscosity icon / the key lock) to disconnect.