Obtaining university accreditation is a means of increasing the quality of education research which in turn can contribute to:
- Increased appeal for students and employees
- Increased appeal in external competition arenas
- Increased adaptability through increased decision-making powers which will enable the institution to faster adapt in order to meet the needs of society.
Official documentation for the university accreditation
- «Certificate of Official Registration» - from the Ministry of Education (PDF)
- Congratulation letter to OsloMet from the Ministry of Education (PDF) (in Norwegian only)
The application documents
- The university application HiOA (PDF) (in Norwegian only)
- Covering letter for the university application HiOA (PDF) (in Norwegian only)
- Appendix booklet for the university application (PDF) (in Norwegian only)
- January 12: The King approved that Oslo and Akershus University College becomes a university. The new university is called OsloMet - Oslo Metropolitan University. In Norwegian it is called OsloMet – storbyuniversitetet.
- December 15: A complete application is sent to the Ministry of Education.
- December 15: HiOA's board accepts the name proposal OsloMet.
- December 12: NOKUT approves HiOA's application for university accreditation.
- November 13: NOKUT's expert committee delivers the report concluding that "HiOA meets all requirements for accreditation as a university".
- September 14-15: NOKUT's expert committee conducts institutional visits to HiOA.
- June 1: NOKUT appoints an expert committee to assess the university application.
- February 22: HiOA submits the application for accreditation as a university to NOKUT (The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education).
- February 7: HiOA's Board approves the university application (and the rector approves the latest changes in the application by authority of the board on February 15).
- March 9: The HiOA board approves the basic document and formally approves to initiate the application process for university accreditation.
- An early version of the university application is drawn up as a basic document. The work on the university application is project organised.
- Oslo University College and Akershus University College merge and preparatory work with surveys and measures to enable the institution to meet the requirements for the university accreditation is commenced.
- December: HiOA's board decides that the university college will become a university.
Ina Tandberg (project manager for the university initiative): tel. 47 61 79 18 / email: email@example.com