1. Connect to the OsloMet network
The computer must be connected to the OsloMet network to be able to print documents. Choose between:
2. Start setup
- Go to System Settings
- Choose Printers
3. Add printer
- Choose: Add - to add a printer
1. Choose: "Windows Printer via Samba" (see red square below)
2. SMB Printer (fill inn the following address):
3. Add your OsloMet username and passord.
- Example: Username for student: s123456
4. Click on: Forward
5. Driver setup
Start setup for driver:
Choose: "Select printer from database"
Choose: "Generic (recommended)" for printer
Click on: Forward
6. Driver Settings
- Model (first column): Set driver model to "PostScript"
- Choose driver: "Generic PostScript Printer Foomatic/..."
7. Finish setup
- Choose a name/location to describe the printer, for example: "Pullprint"
- Click "Apply" to finish the setup
8. Printer is added
- Printer is now added.
9. Server setup
- Run the command: sudo vim /etc/samba/smb.conf
10. Client protocol and workgroup
- Set client min protocol to: "SMB2"
- Set client mac protocol to: "SMB3"
- Set workgroup to: "ADA"
11. Restart smbd
- Run command: "sudo service smdb restart"