- Message. What do you want to say? What is your main point? Is what you want to say important and interesting for the ordinary man and woman and in what way?
- Target group. Who do you want to reach?
- Decide on a medium. Check any limits relating to length.
- Timing. Is the topic of current interest?
- Examples! Use yourself as an example, personal stories or people from your research.
- Composition. Start with the most important points. What is your main message? Why should we listen to you? Discuss/problematize/diversify. Finish up by gathering the threads of you story.
- Keep it simple. Avoid foreign words.
- One at a time! Send the feature article to one editorial office at a time. Wait for feedback. Send a reminder.
I am going to write a feature article or a post
A feature article or a post is a great way to disseminate your research in your own words. To write a good article it may be an advantage to have an opinion on something, tell a good story or want to put something on the agenda relating to social affairs.