- Find out what type of television programme you are participating in. Is it an interview in a studio, a news report or a debate? Is it live or recording? Ask how the interview will take place.
- Find the most important points you would like to stress in the interview.
- Focus a little bit on how you look, but be yourself!
- Do not think about the technical stuff.
- Do not look into the camera – look at the interviewer. Stand still – with both feet firmly on the ground.
- Keep it simple and use short sentences. Take initiative to present your points.
- Let them know if you need a break. Do not be afraid to ask the journalist what he/she means when asking you a question.
- Remember that the camera is still rolling after the interview is finished.