Hiring freeze and Internal recruitment
On December 1st, 2017 a restricted hiring freeze for administrative positions at OsloMet was introduced. Here you will find information about which positions this applies to and procedure for internal recruitment. The hiring freeze is a part of the programme “Administration for the Future”.
Vacant positions within the following job categories must be advertised in our internal recruitment portal. Adviser and Senior Adviser positions at the Department of ICT are exempt from this scheme. If the vacant position is a management position or a newly created position, you must advertise the vacant position publicly as usual.
If one of your employees has been granted complete or partial leave of absence, is absent due to illness for a longer period of time or has resigned, please contact HR. This also applies if new tasks have been added to your unit.
Procedure for Internal recruitment
- A job analysis should be carried out. An important aspect of this analysis could be to talk to the person who has resigned. Furthermore, it is important to view this in connection with the overall staffing and competence overview.
- Start by using the template for internal advertising and formulate a text. HR may assist you with formulating the text and the advertisement in the internal recruitment portal. The deadline for application is set to 2 weeks.
- It is important that you spread the information about the tasks in relevant fora and at the intranet site Employee Workplace. HR will assist you with sharing the information on the Employee Workplace.
- Please note: If you are going to apply for an external advertisement later on, you must describe what other measures you have been taking beyond publishing in the internal portal.
- When the application deadline has expired, this recruitment should not generating applicant lists.
- Talk to qualified applicants (if relevant, with support from the case officer at HR). If there are internal candidates that are not qualified, you must consider if any of the candidates may be qualified to complete the tasks if you provide them with a simple skills development. In such cases, the skills development must be specified in a binding agreement.
- If an internal candidate should be transferred to a new unit, the recruitment manager must make an agreement regarding the transfer with the current manager of the employee. HR will assist you with the practicalities relating to the transfer. The form for changing organisational affiliation must be completed in Public 360 in accordance with Procedures for changing organisational affiliation.
- If you do not receive any internal applicants, or if none of the applicants are qualified or assumed to be qualified through a simple skills development, you must reassess the importance of the tasks and if the tasks may be redefined as a vacant position.
- If you decide that the tasks may be defined as a vacant position, you must send an application for external advertisement. See template for this purpose. The application shall be sent via HR who will register it for processing in Public 360.
- The decision relating to external advertisement is made by the Dean at the faculty, Centre Director at the Centre for Welfare and Labour Research and the Director for Division for Corporate Governance for rest of the university administration (including Centre for the Study of Professions). This is to be done in cooperation with the head of the discipline for the relevant field and an appointed union representative. The current appointed representative from the unions is Liv Ingunn Bråten.
- If the application for external advertisement is rejected, the recruiting manager may choose to advertise the tasks in the Internal Recruitment Portal once more.
If you have advertised similar tasks in the Internal Recruitment Portal during the last couple of months, an exemption from internal advertisement may be considered. Such cases will be assessed by HR.
The autumn 2017 a handbook for managers regarding the Administration for the Future Programme was prepared. The handbook also refers to a template for carrying out competence interviews that might be useful when you need to map the skills of your employees.
See Handbook for Managers regarding Administration for the Future (PDF). In the handbook you will find several process description and tools (Please note: You must be logged in to the Employee Workplace to view templates/tools).