To connect to the server, write:
- «sftp username@servername», e.g.: sftp email@example.com
- Find your file server (bitadmin.hioa.no – administration of IT user account)
You will be asked to approve the key: RSA key fingerprint.
- Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
- Type: Yes
- Press Enter to approve the RSA key. You will only be asked to do this the first time you log on to a server.
Enter the password
- Password : <enter HiOA password> . The same password you use when you log on to your employee or student computer.
- Press Enter
You may now use the regular shell commands to navigate on the home directory and to move files.
- Use the command Get to download files.
- Use the command Put to upload files.
- For more information, type sftp in a terminal window.
Contact User support IT (BIT)
Is it not working for you? Contact BIT by phone (6723)5555 or by e-mail BIT@oslomet.no